You may not know that over 200 million Telegram users have been using Telegram as a great tool for communication. It is really important for advertisers to know what those people do: what channels they read, how much they text.
Now let’s see how to analyze Telegram platforms and check statistics using free tools.
What Platforms and Metrics Telegram Has?
Telegram has two kinds of platforms: channels and chats which have metrics and dissecting capabilities.
A Channel is a platform in which only author’s messages appear.
Indicators to measure in channels:
A Group/Chat is a chat box with multiple and unlimited Telegram members.
Indicators to measures:
- Number of members.
- Number of messages per day/month/etc.
- Activity of each member.
Tools for Telegram Analysis
There are a few tools for Telegram analytics available. We will talk about three of them: a channel analyzer, a chat analyzer, and a content analyzer.
Channel Analytics in Telegram: Tgstat
It is a non-benefit venture gathering measurements for in excess of 10,000 Russian Telegram channels. All the insights of Telegram channels are open and everybody can see it. The information is naturally refreshed each day.
The project’s site has its rating of Telegram channels where platforms are partitioned in classes and contrasted each other by a few parameters: supporters, development rate, views, reference list. This information might be utilized when arranging to publicize in Telegram.
Tgstat provides the following channel statistics:
- Number of subscribers;
- Average reach of a post (just channel’s very own posts are considered, without offers);
- Average day by day number of views (additionally without thinking about offers);
- Number of shares: how often different channels taking an interest in the rating shared channel’s posts.
- Number of mentions: how frequently other open channels from the rating referenced the channel underthought
- Day by day posting recurrence.
Chat Analytics in Telegram: Combot
If you want to analyze a chat, add Combot which analyzes members’ activity and chat’s popularity to it.
It is available as @combot in Telegram. Call the bot in dialogue using the command /stat to view chat statistics in Telegram. Combot will send a link to your group’s statistics.
Combot provides statistics for the following indicators:
- Number of messages (all-time, daily average, hourly average);
- Telegram users’ activity (number of active users over a selected period, the daily average number of active users);
- Chat activity: the diagram is marked based on message number and length;
- Activity by day hours.
Moreover, combot also shows in Telegram stats for any Telegram user and finds out the most active members, number of days when Telegram users are active.
The service has its own chat rating.In addition, the chat lists here are divided by country, and there is also a common rating for platforms from all over the world.
Content Analytics in Telegram: Popsters
Popsters can find the most well-known posts and understand what content works best on the channel. This tool works with any existing channel, so you don’t have to be the admin or add a bot to analyze on Telegram. This enables to compare different channels with each other and to study competitors’ activity or choose channels for ad placement.
Popsters find posts that reach the highest number of views or the highest visibility rate (VR). This metric evaluates the post’s degree of visibility, for example, the percentage of subscribers have seen the post. Moreover, Popsters helps export all the channel’s content over the required period.
In addition, the tool analyzes:
- VR by content type;
- VR by text length;
- Number of posts by text length and content type;
- Relative activity by text length and content type;
- Post views.
- There are different kinds of platform in Telegram: channels and groups/chats.
- Telegram has few metrics to assess. These are subscribers and views for channels and Telegram members and activity for chats.
- Use Tgstat to analyze a Telegram channel. It shows Telegram statistics: views, Telegram subscribers, shares and channel mentions.
- Use Combot to analyze a chat. Combot calculates the activity of each Telegram user and total chatting activity.
- Use Popsters to evaluate content. The tool significantly improves the possibilities of Telegram analytics. Furthermore, Popsters find the most popular posts and analyze post success in terms of different parameters such as posting time, text length, content format.